Manitoba invited new Ukrainian candidates under the MPNP
On September 29, 2023, the Government of Manitoba held the 18th draw for Ukrainian candidates. The province invited 42 candidates through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) in this draw.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Ukrainian citizens,
- have a minimum of CLB 4 in each language band,
- have connections to the province (close relatives, community ties, previous employment, or studies in Manitoba), and
- score at least 60 points in the EOI registration points grid, and
- possess a valid language test in one of the official languages.
In total, the province invited 11,831 candidates in 2023, including 259 Ukrainian nationals.
Manitoba to create an advisory council to develop an economic immigration strategy
Manitoba is developing a plan to increase economic immigration through its new Advisory Council on Economic Immigration and Settlement (ACEIS). The province is focused on addressing labor shortages, encouraging economic development, and supporting its francophone population.
Strategy of the Manitoba Advisory Council
The Council recommended a strategy to attract more immigrants and business investors, streamline the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, and improve newcomer retention. Manitoba has already taken steps to meet these goals, including:
- requesting additional MPNP allocations,
- conducting targeted EOI draws, and
- doubling the investment in the Newcomer Community Integration Support Program.
Want to know more details about “Manitoba invited new Ukrainian candidates under the MPNP” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates