The BC PNP invited 224 skilled candidates
On November 16, 2023, the Government of British Columbia invited 224 skilled candidates to new invitation draws under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) and issued invitations to apply to qualified candidates in healthcare, childcare, construction, and other priority occupations.
In the general draw, the province invited 116 candidates. The minimum score for candidates invited to this draw was 94-115 points. BC issued 59 ITAs to candidates under the childcare-targeted draw for early childhood educators (NOC 42202).
In the Healthcare-targeted draw, BC British Columbia invited 32 candidates who scored 60 points. In addition, the province invited 12 candidates working in the construction sector. Furthermore, five invitations have been issued for other priority occupations (NOCs 31103, 32104).
In total, British Columbia issued 224 ITAs in this draw. This year, British Columbia has already invited 9,179 candidates.
Eligibility requirements for Skilled candidates in the BC PNP
Invitations to apply for the skilled candidates in the Skills Immigration pathways may be determined by one or more of the following factors:
- Education – level, and field of education and where it was completed
- Eligible professional designations in B.C.
- Language skills
- Duration and skill level of work experience
- Wage and/or skill level of job offer
- Intent to live, work, and settle in a specific region
- Strategic priorities – factors that address specific labor market needs in B.C. or support government pilot projects and initiatives
Priority Occupations in the Construction Sector
The occupations listed below are not the only ones that are eligible for the BC PNP. Priority occupations may receive a targeted invitation after registering
- Priority construction occupations:
- 22114 Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists
- 72102 Sheet metal workers
- 72103 Boilermakers
- 72104 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
- 72105 Ironworkers
- 72106 Welders and related machine operators
- 72200 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 72201 Industrial electricians
- 72300 Plumbers
- 72301 Steamfitters, pipefitters, and sprinkler system installers
- 72302 Gas fitters
- 72310 Carpenters
- 72311 Cabinetmakers
- 72320 Bricklayers
- 72400 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 72401 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 72402 Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 72500 Crane operators
- 73100 Concrete finishers
- 73101 Tilesetters
- 73102 Plasterers, drywall installers finishers, and lathers
- 73110 Roofers and Shinglers
- 73111 Glaziers
- 73112 Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
- 73113 Floor covering installers
Want to know more details about the “The BCPNP invited 224 skilled candidates” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates