PEI invited 141 skilled professionals and business candidates
On November 16, 2023, Prince Edward Island held new draws for skilled professionals and business candidates under the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). PEI PNP invited 134 Critical Workers and Express Entry candidates in the Labour Impact and Express Entry streams. Seven more invitations were sent to Business Impact Category candidates.
The lowest score for the business candidates was 80. In total, PEI issued 141 invitations in this round. The next draw is scheduled for November 30, 2023.
Since the beginning of 2023, the PEI PNP issued 2,324 invitations. Among them, 61 invitations were under the Business Impact Category, and 2,263 were under the Labour Impact and Express Entry categories.
What are the eligibility requirements for skilled professionals in the PEI?
For the skilled professionals to be eligible for the PEI Skilled Worker stream, skilled professionals must meet the following requirements:
- have a full-time, non-seasonal (permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer in a highly skilled occupation defined by the Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibility classification system as TEER category 0, 1, 2, or 3(link is external);
- have at least two years of full‐time work experience in the past five years;
- To work in Canada, you must have a valid work permit
- have legal status in the country of residence;
- have successfully completed a post‐secondary degree or diploma (minimum two-year program);
- be between the ages of 18 and 59
- have sufficient English and/or French proficiency to perform the job
About the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
If you want to live permanently in Prince Edward Island, you can apply to the federal government through the PEI Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Individuals are selected for nomination based on their desire to live and work in PEI as well as their financial ability to establish themselves here. Priority will be given to entrepreneurs and individuals qualified to work in areas of identified skill shortages in the PEI labor market at this time.
Want to know more details about the “Prince Edward Island invited 141 skilled professionals and business candidates” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates