Ottawa introduced amendments to the AIP after the NOC 2021 change
On November 29, 2022, the Government of Canada published changes to the Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP) after the implementation of the NOC 2021.
- For the education criteria, those with a job offer under Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) 0 or 1 must possess at least a Canadian 1-year post-secondary credential.
- Those with a job offer under TEER 2, 3, or 4 must possess at least a Canadian high school diploma.
- For TEER 0, 1, 2, and 3 of the NOC, applicants must meet the minimum criteria for level 5 of the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) system in English or French.
- Those applying for TEER 4 must provide CLB 4 in one of the official languages.
- For TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3, employers must provide a job that will last at least 1 year.
- For TEER 4 job offers, applicants must be offered permanent employment with no set end date.
Atlantic Immigration Program (AIP)
The AIP is a business initiative that offers to foreign nationals who have job offers in the Atlantic area, have been approved by an Atlantic province, and who meet the basic requirements for education, work experience, and language fluency. The method for handling applications for permanent residence submitted by applicants in the AIP is outlined in this section.
Benefits and Impact of the Atlantic Immigration Program
In the Atlantic area, employers, and immigrants have all considered the AIP to be a massive success. It continues to grant thousands of immigrants permanent resident status each year, meeting the demands of local employers while supporting the population, the labor force, and economic growth.
To find out more details about “Ottawa introduced amendments to the AIP after the NOC 2021 change” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2022 Gunness & Associate