ESDC published new processing times for LMIA applications
ESDC published new processing times for LMIA applications on March 13, 2023, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) updated the processing times for the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications under various streams.
Based on statistics from all processing centers, the current average LMIA processing times are reduced for the Global Talent, Agricultural, and High-wage streams while increasing for other programs.
- Global Talent Stream – 9 business days (-1 day)
- Agricultural stream – 15 business days (-3 days)
- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program – 12 business days (+1 day)
- Permanent residence stream – 25 business days (+8 days)
- In-home caregivers – 29 business days (+4 days)
- High-wage stream – 33 business days (-1 day)
- Low-wage stream – 36 business days
Details of new processing times for LMIA applications
Service Canada is committed to offering all Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) applicants an excellent client experience and understands the importance of the program in addressing Canada’s labor shortages and meeting the demands of Canadian businesses.
Application processing times for Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) may vary depending on the process, based on how many applications the TFWP received. You can speed up processing times while IRCC is committed to processing all LMIA applications as quickly as possible by:
- Application submission through the LMIA Online Portal
- Before submitting your LMIA application, make sure it is completed
- ensuring that all required documents have been signed by the signing authority
- providing extra information or documentation as quickly as Service Canada requests it
What is the LMIA Online Portal?
The LMIA Online Portal is a reliable and safe online tool. It enables employers in Canada and third-party representatives to submit an LMIA application to Service Canada on their behalf.
You will be able to do the following in the LMIA Online portal once you have a Job Bank account created:
- submit an LMIA application 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- complete or return to an LMIA application before submitting it to Service Canada
- upload supporting documents
- securely pay LMIA fees, if applicable
- get real-time updates on the status of your application
- view correspondence and decision letters issued by Service Canada
- review previously submitted applications
- access and follow the status of your application when a third-party representative is submitting an LMIA application on your behalf
What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?
Before hiring a foreign worker, a Canadian employer may be required to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). A positive LMIA will demonstrate that a foreign worker is needed to finish the job. Additionally, it will show that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident is suitable for the position. A confirmation letter is another name for a positive LMIA.
The worker can submit a work permit application after the employer gets the LMIA.
Want to know more details about “ESDC published new processing times for LMIA applications” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2022 Gunness & Associate