OINP invited 1,252 candidates under the first skilled trades stream of 2023
On January 13, 2023, Ontario invited 1,252 candidates under the skilled trades stream of the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). The CRS score range of the invited candidates was between 336-506 points. Candidates, who created their profiles in the Express Entry system between January 13, 2022, to January 13, 2023, were considered by OINP in this draw for 42 NOCs.
Candidates who received a notification of interest do not need to contact the program and can apply to the stream. This year in 2023, the province already invited 1,656 candidates under the OINP mostly skilled trades stream (OINP).
Occupations that were the targeted for the invitations under the first skilled trades stream:
- NOC 72010 – Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- NOC 72011 – Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades, and telecommunications occupations
- NOC 72012 – Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- NOC 72013 – Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- NOC 72014 – Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers, and servicers
- NOC 72020 – Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- NOC 72021 – Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- NOC 72022 – Supervisors, printing, and related occupations
- NOC 72024 – Supervisors, motor transport, and other ground transit operators
- NOC 72101 – Tool and die, makers
- NOC 72102 – Sheet metal workers
- NOC 72103 – Boilermakers
- NOC 72104 – Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
- NOC 72105 – Ironworkers
- NOC 72106 – Welders and related machine operators
- NOC 72200 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- NOC 72201 – Industrial electricians
- NOC 72203 – Electrical power line and cable workers
- NOC 72204 – Telecommunications line and cable installers and repairers
- NOC 72300 – Plumbers
- NOC 72301 – Steamfitters, pipefitters, and sprinkler system installers
- NOC 72310 – Carpenters
- NOC 72320 – Bricklayers
- NOC 72321 – Insulators
- NOC 72400 – Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- NOC 72401 – Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- NOC 72402 – Heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning mechanics
- NOC 72403 – Railway carmen/women
- NOC 72404 – Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- NOC 72406 – Elevator constructors and mechanics
- NOC 72410 – Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics, and mechanical repairers
- NOC 72422 – Electrical Mechanics
- NOC 72423 – Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, and other related mechanics
- NOC 72500 – Crane operators
- NOC 73100 – Concrete finishers
- NOC 73101 – Tile Setters
- NOC 73102 – Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers, and lathers
- NOC 73110 – Roofers and shinglers
- NOC 73111 – Glaziers
- NOC 73112 – Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
- NOC 82031 – Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance, and horticulture services
- NOC 92100 – Power engineers and power systems operators
What is Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades stream?
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program has an immigration stream called the Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream (OINP). It allows foreign nationals with relevant skilled trades work experience in Ontario to apply to live and work permanently in Ontario.
Before you can apply to be nominated by the Ontario government for permanent residence, you must have a valid profile in the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Express Entry system and get a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
What are the requirements for Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades stream?
- job experience.
- a current license or certificate (if applicable).
- When you apply, you must be a resident of Ontario and have a current work permit.
- You must have at least a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 in either English or French in order to understand, read, write, and speak either language.
- When you relocate to Canada, you must have the funds to support both yourself and any dependant family members.
- a desire to reside in Ontario.
Also, Read our Blog about: Foreign Workers Stream Invited 404 Candidates under OINP
To find out more details about “OINP invited 1,252 candidates under the first skilled trades stream of 2023” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2022 Gunness & Associate