Alberta updated inventory and invited 89 candidates in the construction section
On August 22, 2023, Alberta invited candidates in the construction section and published an update considering the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) inventory. According to the new AAIP inventory update, there were around:
- 1,479 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications,
- 448 Rural Renewal Stream applications,
- 249 Accelerated Tech Pathway applications,
- 128 Family Connection Stream applications,
- 100 applications from priority sectors, and
- less than ten applications under the Dedicated Healthcare Pathway.
Overview of the AAIP invitations to candidates in the construction section
On August 22, 2023, the AAIP invited 89 candidates working in a construction section under the Family Connection Stream. The province invited construction workers with job offers in Alberta and a minimum CRS score of 303 to apply for immigration to the province. This year, Alberta invited 2,673 candidates and issued 6,921 nomination certificates. Alberta issued 615 NOIs overall in the first four weeks of August 2023. Details of the AAIP invitations in the first four weeks of August 2023 are listed in the table below:
August 22, 2023
August 16, 2023
|300||Tourism and Hospitality occupation||408|
August 15, 2023
August 3, 2023
|201||Family connections & primary occupation in demand||
August 1, 2023
|43||Agriculture & Healthcare occupation||
What are Alberta Application processing times in 2023?
The following are the main factors taken into consideration when processing AAIP applications:
- completeness, eligibility, and the presence of outdated information or documents in the application.
- applications received in volume.
- the day the request was submitted.
- strategic priorities guided by data on the employment market and the growth of the economy.
- how many nomination certificates are still valid for the year
AAIP Application processing times are as follows:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream – Approximately 4 months.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream – Accelerated Tech Pathway- Approximately 1 month.
- Dedicated Healthcare Pathway- Approximately 1 month.
- Priority Sectors (construction, agriculture, hospitality, and tourism)- Approximately 2 months.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream (family connection and occupation in demand)- Approximately 3 months.
- Rural Renewal Stream – Approximately 2 months.
What is the Alberta Express Entry Stream?
A limited number of qualifying applicants may be nominated by Alberta through the Express Entry system of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada under the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The Alberta Express Entry System’s priorities and methods of selecting applicants are provided as a courtesy and are subject to change at any time. The Alberta Express Entry Stream has to extend invitations to applicants.
How to be selected for the Alberta Express Entry Stream?
Candidates may be asked to submit an application or receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter if they have one of the following:
- a connection with personal family members in Alberta and experience in an in-demand occupation,
- a job offer from an Alberta employer in the healthcare industry and are licensed to practice in one of the qualified healthcare professions under the Designated Healthcare Pathway; expedited processing applies
- a job offer for an eligible tech occupation from an Alberta employer in an eligible tech industry under the Accelerated Tech Pathway; an initial Accelerated Tech Pathway web form is required as a first step and expedited processing applies
- experience is required to help meet labor needs in major sectors like agriculture, construction, tourism, and hospitality
Want to know more details about “BC invited up to 230 candidates under the BC PNP Skills Immigration Draw” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates