BC held new invitation draws and invited over 200 candidates
On October 31, 2023, the Government of British Columbia held new invitation draws under the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) and issued invitations to apply to qualified Skills Immigration registrants.
Targeted ITAs have also been issued to qualified candidates in
- childcare, and
- other priority occupations.
In the general draw, the province invited 133 candidates. The minimum score for candidates invited to this draw was 91-113 points.
BC issued 48 ITAs to candidates under the childcare-targeted draw for early childhood educators (NOC 42202).
In the Healthcare-targeted draw, BC British Columbia invited 22 candidates who scored 60 points.
In addition, fewer than five invitations have been issued for other priority occupations (NOCs 31103, 32104).
In total, British Columbia issued up to 208 ITAs in this draw. This year, British Columbia has already invited 8,765 candidates.
Invitations to apply for the Skills Immigration streams may be targeted based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Education – level, and field of education and where it was completed.
- Eligible professional designations in B.C.
- Language skills.
- Duration and skill level of work experience.
- Wage and/or skill level of job offer.
- Intent to live, work, and settle in a specific region.
- Strategic priorities – factors that address specific labor. market needs in B.C. or support government pilot projects and initiatives.
Requirements for the skilled workers in BC PNP
To be eligible for this stream, you must:
- have accepted a full-time, indefinite job offer from a B.C. employer (the job offer cannot be temporary or have a set end date).
- A skilled occupation (NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3) is required.
- be qualified to perform the duties of the job.
- have two years of full-time (or full-time equivalent) experience in any skilled occupation (NOC TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3).
- Demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your dependents.
- have legal immigration status in Canada for NOC TEER 2 or 3 occupations, and meet minimum language requirements.
- have a wage offer that is in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation.
Want to know more details about “BC invited over 200 candidates under the BC PNP” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates