BC PNP invited candidates in the Base category of the Entrepreneur Stream
On March 30, 2023, British Columbia held a new draw for business candidates in the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). The province invited seven candidates in the Base Category of the Entrepreneur Stream. The lowest score of this round was 115 points, one point fewer than the previous draw.
The maximum number of possible points in the Entrepreneur Stream grid is 200. 120 points candidates can get for self-declared factors such as Experience & Ownership, Net Worth, Investment, etc. Another 80 points are given for the business concept. This year, the province invited up to 29 entrepreneurs under the BCPNP.
BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration
Entrepreneur Immigration (EI) is an option for international entrepreneurs who want to immigrate to British Columbia (B.C.) to establish businesses that support innovation and economic growth in the province. This program is part of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP).
A “temporary to permanent” immigration path is business. In other words, if you’re accepted, you’ll initially arrive in British Columbia as a temporary resident and then apply to stay permanently once you’ve set up a business.
Base Category of the Entrepreneur Stream
- personal with a minimum CAD $600,000 net worth.
- If you don’t have any business expertise, you must have the equivalent of a two-year post-secondary diploma.
- basic language skills in either English or French, at least at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4.
- have lawfully visited the country where you are currently living.
- have legal immigration status in Canada, or be qualified to do so.
Business, job, and investment requirements:
- Either establish a new, eligible business or buy and improve an existing one.
- make a minimum CAD$200,000 eligible personal investment in the business.
- at least one new full-time job must be created for a Canadian or permanent resident.
Making a fantastic business proposal that is customized to your unique knowledge and experience as well as the needs of the British Columbia economy is the initial step. To help determine what kind of business to propose and which location in British Columbia would be a good match for your business, you need to do research. An immigration consultant can assist you to utilize the government resources that can help you to start a business successfully.
Want to know more details about “BC PNP invited candidates in the Base category of the Entrepreneur Stream” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associate