IRCC invited 3,725 candidates in the new all-program Express Entry draw 268
On October 10, 2023, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued 3,725 Invitations to Apply (ITA) to candidates under the new all-program Express Entry draw 268.
Details of the new all-program Express Entry draw 268
Under the new all-program Express Entry draw #268, 3,725 applicants were invited and in this draw, IRCC invited candidates under all immigration programs. In the latest round of invitations, the cut-off score was 500 points, 4 points fewer than in the previous all-program draw.
The tie-breaking rule for this round was October 2, 2023, at 15:25:30 UTC.
As of October 10, 2023, there are 213,592 profiles registered in the Express Entry pool.
In 2023, Canada issued 89,773 ITAs through the Express Entry draws.
The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score for the October 10 draw was 500, which was four points lower than the previous all-program draw on September 26.
In 2023, Canada has held the following draws:
- 17 all-program draws.
- Four PNP draws.
- Four draws targeted at French speakers.
- Two draws targeted at healthcare occupations.
- One draw targeted at STEM occupations
- One draw targeted at skilled trades.
- One draw targeted at Federal Skilled Worker candidates.
- One draw targeted transport jobs.
- One draw targeted agriculture and agri-food occupations.
After inviting 45,115 candidates in total in 2022, IRCC has now granted 89,773 ITAs in 2023.
Over of the Express Entry Year-End Report 2022
On September 25, 2023, the Government of Canada published the Express Entry Year-End Report for 2022. This report provides a comprehensive overview of the Express Entry. As the Government published the Express Entry Year-End Report for 2022, there were:
- 428,391 Express Entry profiles were submitted, a 3% decrease from 2021 but a 19% increase from 2020.
- At least 74% of the profiles were eligible for one of the immigration programs managed by Express Entry, with no change from 2021.
- Men submitted more profiles (238,382) than women (189,881), with the proportion unchanged at 56% and 44%, respectively.
- The ratio of eligible profiles remained the same for men (71%) from 2020 to 2022, but there was a slight increase for women in 2022 (78%).
Express Entry candidates are no longer required to provide upfront medical examination
On September 29, 2023, the Government of Canada implemented changes to the medical examination requirement for Express Entry applicants. As of October 1, 2023, upfront medical examinations are no longer mandatory during the application process. Instead, applicants are advised to await instructions before proceeding with a medical examination. Applicants must complete a medical examination within 30 days of receiving the instructions. This modification aims to simplify the application process and ensure that medical examinations are carried out at the appropriate time.
Want to know more details about “IRCC invited 3,725 candidates in the new all-program Express Entry draw” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates