Alberta invited the healthcare professionals and updated the AAIP inventory
On October 10, 2023, the AAIP invited 13 healthcare professionals working in the healthcare sector who scored 327 points. This year, Alberta invited 3,381 candidates and issued 8,437 nomination certificates
In addition, on October 10, 2023, Alberta published an update considering the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) inventory. According to the new update, there were around:
- 2,462 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications,
- 668 Rural Renewal Stream applications,
- 212 Accelerated Tech Pathway applications,
- 114 Family Connection Stream applications,
- 167 applications from priority sectors, and
- less than ten applications under the Dedicated Healthcare Pathway.
About the AAIP Nomination certificate limits
The figures below are correct as of October 11, 2023. Each year, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) sets the maximum number of nomination certificates that the AAIP may issue. In 2023, AAIP will be able to award 9,750 nomination certificates, divided between Express Entry and non-Express Entry pathways (which could change over the year). In 2024 and 2025, nominal rises of more than 10,000 nomination allocations per year are intended.
These AAIP programs are subject to change at any time and without notice. They are partly determined by changing application levels and how nomination allocations are projected to be used in 2023.
AAIP application processing times
Depending on the stream/pathway the processing time may vary. The following tables show the approximate volumes, processing times, and assessment dates for each AAIP stream or pathway:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream – Approximately 4 months.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream – Accelerated Tech Pathway- Approximately 1 month.
- Dedicated Healthcare Pathway- Approximately 1 month.
- Priority Sectors (construction, agriculture, hospitality, and tourism)- Approximately 2 months.
- Alberta Express Entry Stream (family connection and occupation in demand)- Approximately 3 months.
- Rural Renewal Stream – Approximately 2 months.
Want to know more details about “Alberta invited the healthcare professionals and updated the AAIP inventory” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates