Canada invited 2,514 candidates under the new IEC Draw
Over the last two weeks, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held the new IEC draws. From September 16 to September 29, Canada invited 2,514 young foreigners to apply for an IEC open work permit. As of September 29, 30,757 candidates registered in the pool, awaiting the invitation. In 2023, Canada issued 121,616 ITAs under the IEC Program.
Overview of candidates invited to the new IEC Draw
In the New IEC draw 2,514 ITAs were sent out to young foreigners. The details of each country-wise invited candidate are in the table below:
|No of ITAs||Country Name||No of ITAs||Country Name|
What is the International Experience Canada (IEC) Program?
A program called International Experience Canada (IEC) enables young people to work and travel for up to two years in Canada due to reciprocal agreements with other countries. More than 38 countries and territories have bilateral youth mobility agreements with Canada.
International Experience Canada (IEC) offers three categories
Working Holiday: This program, which enables people to work for any employer in Canada, is a great option for those who want to make money while traveling the country.
Young professionals: This program is intended for those who want to advance their professional development. It provides the chance to obtain priceless experience working abroad in your profession or area of study.
International Co-op (Internship): This program, which is specifically intended for students, enables applicants to get useful experience working abroad in an area that is connected to their field of study.
What are the eligibility requirements for IEC candidates in 2023?
IEC Candidates in 2023 wishing to apply for the IEC must:
- Be a citizen or passport holder of one of the 36 partner countries with which Canada has Youth Mobility Agreements
- They must have a valid passport for the duration of their visit to Canada
- At the time of application, the applicant must be between the ages of 18-29, 18-30, or 18-35 (all-inclusive, depending on nationality)
- When you arrive in Canada, you should have the equivalent of $2,500 CAD
- They must be able to obtain health insurance for the duration of their stay
- Be admitted to Canada;
- Have a round-trip ticket or the financial means to acquire a departure ticket at the end of their authorized stay in Canada (before departure);
- You must not be accompanied by dependents, and
- you must pay the appropriate fees.
Want to know more details about “Canada invited 2,514 candidates under the new IEC Draw” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates