Saskatchewan invited 23 candidates under the SINP Entrepreneur Program
On September 7, 2023, the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) conducted the fifth invitation round in the SINP Entrepreneur Program 2023 and invited 23 entrepreneurs.
This round’s highest Expression of Interest (EOI) score was 140 points. The average score was 115 points. The lowest score was 105.
The province will conduct the following EOI pool selections on November 2, 2023.
According to the new update, candidates cannot change their business plans after applying to the program. They also cannot change their Business Performance Agreement after the SINP approval. In 2023, Saskatchewan invited 5,398 candidates under all streams, including 196 entrepreneurs.
What is the SINP Entrepreneur Program?
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) administers the SINP Entrepreneur Program. Experienced business owners or senior business managers who seek to live in Saskatchewan are targeted by this stream. Successful candidates may launch a new business or buy an existing one and then start their day-to-day management duties.
After managing a business successfully for 6 months the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent residence status. Candidates can submit an expression of interest, after submitting a profile candidates are assigned a score based on the SINP entrepreneur ranking system. The candidates with the most competitive score are invited to submit an application for the Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Program.
What is the process for the Entrepreneur category?
The Saskatchewan Entrepreneur program uses an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. Candidates who meet the minimum stream requirements can create an account and submit an EOI using the SINP Portal.
There are four stages to take:
- Submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the SINP.
- Selection of Expressions of Interest and Invitation to Submit an Application
- The EOI of a candidate is selected based on points. Those with the most points are selected at the end of each draw. The number selected is determined by the program’s requirements.
- Applications are processed in the order they are received once candidates are asked to apply.
- Establishment of a business.
What are the SINP Application Processing Times for 2023?
In the second quarter of 2023, SINP application processing times are given as:
- In the International Skilled Worker category, the processing time in the Employment Offer stream was three weeks; in the Occupation In-Demand stream, it was 21 weeks; and in the Express Entry stream – 23 weeks.
- The processing time for the Tech Talent Pathway was two weeks, while for the Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot, it was four weeks.
- In the Saskatchewan Experience category, the processing time for all streams (the Existing Work Permit stream, Health Professionals, International Students, Truck Drivers, and Hospitality Workers streams) was one week.
- In the Entrepreneur and Farm category, the processing time for the Entrepreneur Applications was nine weeks, while for the Entrepreneur Nominations, it was one week.
- For the Farmer’s stream, it was 18 weeks.
- The Job Approval Process, the authorization for an employer to hire a foreign worker through the SINP, took 15 weeks for specified workers and 26 weeks for not specified workers.
How to Apply for SINP?
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers a pathway to permanent residence in Canada. The Province of Saskatchewan, through the SINP:
- Non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home are invited to submit an application for residency.
- Nominates successful applicants for permanent residency in Canada to the federal government.
Want to know more details about “Saskatchewan invited 23 candidates under the SINP Entrepreneur Program” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates