British Columbia invited 185 tech professionals and skilled candidates under the BC PNP
185 tech professionals and skilled candidates were invited under the BC PNP On October 11, 2023. British Columbia issued new invitations in the Skilled Worker – International Graduate categories of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). The province invited up to 185 candidates with a score of 60-90 points.
In the Tech-targeted draw, BC issued 118 invitations with a minimum score of 90 points.
In the Childcare-targeted draw for early childhood educators (NOC 42202), the province invited 45 candidates who scored 60 points.
In the Healthcare-targeted draw, the province issued 17 invitations.
In addition, the province invited up to five candidates for other priority occupations (NOCs 31003, 32104).
Including this draw, in 2023, British Columbia has already issued 8,228 invitations.
Overview of the tech professionals and Skills immigration invitations
The table below shows the draw dates, draw type, number of invitations to apply (ITAs) issued, and any unique characteristics that were targeted for a specific draw.
|October 11, 2023||Tech||Skilled Worker, International Graduate (includes EEBC option)||90||
|Childcare: Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202)||60||
|Other priority occupations (NOCs 31003, 32104)||60||
Invitations to apply for the Skills Immigration streams may be targeted based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Education – the level, field, and place of education.
- Professional designations that are eligible in British Columbia.
- Language abilities.
- Work experience duration and skill level.
- The salary and/or skill level of the employment offer.
- Intention to live, work, and settle in a specific region.
- Strategic priorities are elements that meet specific labor market demands in British Columbia or that support government pilot projects and initiatives.
British Columbia PNP Tech Occupations
- 10030 Telecommunication carriers managers
- 20012 Computer and information systems managers
- 21100 Physicists and astronomers
- 21210 Mathematicians, statisticians, and actuaries
- 21211 Data scientists
- 21220 Cybersecurity specialists
- 21221 Business systems specialists
- 21222 Information systems specialists
- 21223 Database analysts and data administrators
- 21230 Computer systems developers and programmers
- 21231 Software engineers and designers
- 21232 Software developers and programmers
- 21233 Web designers
- 21234 Web developers and programmers
- 21300 Civil engineers
- 21301 Mechanical engineers
- 21310 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 21311 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 21320 Chemical engineers
- 21399 Other professional engineers
- 22110 Biological technologists and technicians
- 22220 Computer network and web technicians
- 22221 User support technicians
- 22222 Information systems testing technicians
- 22310 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 22312 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 50011 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting, and performing arts
- 51111 Authors and writers (except technical)
- 51112 Technical writers
- 51120 Producers, directors, choreographers, and related occupations
- 52119 Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts
- 52112 Broadcast technicians
- 52113 Audio and video recording technicians
- 52120 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 53111 Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography, and performing arts assistants and operators
Want to know more details about “British Columbia invited 185 tech professionals and skilled candidates under the BC PNP” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates