Canada has already invited 119,104 IEC candidates in 2023
As of September 22, Canada has issued 119,104 invitations to IEC candidates in 2023. Canada plans to welcome 90,000 newcomers this year through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program.
While more than 100,000 candidates have been invited, it should be noted that not all candidates will apply, and not all applicants will be accepted. In 2024, Iceland will be added to the list of IEC participating countries. Canada and Iceland signed a reciprocal agreement on August 4, which allows young adults aged 18-30 to work and travel between the two countries.
Finland will also join as a participating country in 2024, and South Korean youth will be eligible to participate in the Young Professionals and International Co-Op programs.
Overview of the Canada and Iceland New Youth Mobility Agreements
On August 4, 2023, the Canadian Government announced a new Youth Mobility Agreement with Iceland, allowing Canadian and Icelandic youth aged 18 to 30 to work and travel in each other’s country for up to 12 months.
The governments of Canada and Iceland will implement the new arrangement in 2024 after meeting all requirements. The new arrangement strengthens the ties between the two countries while providing Canadian youth with more international travel and work options.
It also helps develop life skills, improves future job prospects, and invests in the potential of their youth, leading to a stronger, more interconnected global community.
A large number of Icelandic immigrants and their descendants outside of Iceland reside in Canada. 101,990 people with Icelandic ancestry live in Canada, according to the 2021 Census.
Up to 120 youths per year from Canada and Iceland will be able to work and visit each other’s countries according to the agreement between the two nations.
What are the eligibility requirements for IEC candidates in 2023?
IEC Candidates in 2023 wishing to apply for the IEC must:
- Be a citizen or passport holder of one of the 36 partner countries with which Canada has Youth Mobility Agreements
- They must have a valid passport for the duration of their visit to Canada
- At the time of application, the applicant must be between the ages of 18-29, 18-30, or 18-35 (all-inclusive, depending on nationality)
- When you arrive in Canada, you should have the equivalent of $2,500 CAD
- They must be able to obtain health insurance for the duration of their stay
- Be admitted to Canada;
- Have a round-trip ticket or the financial means to acquire a departure ticket at the end of their authorized stay in Canada (before departure);
- You must not be accompanied by dependents, and
- you must pay the appropriate fees.
Want to know more details about “Canada has already invited 119,104 IEC candidates in 2023” you can contact one of our immigration specialists at Gunness & Associates.
Tel: (416) 604-2669
Gunness & Associates has helped thousands of people successfully immigrate to Canada with their families. Our skilled and experienced immigration experts have the expertise to accurately examine your case and advise you on the best method of proceeding to best serve your needs.
For honest and straightforward advice, contact the experts
Get a free Assessment
Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here
All rights reserved ©2023 Gunness & Associates