Ontario Invited 21 Candidates in the Entrepreneur Stream
On March 4, 2022, Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) released the results of the new draw under the Entrepreneur Stream. On March 3, the province invited 21 business candidates.
The minimum score of this round was 152, five points more compared to the October 28 draw. The OINP noted that those whose Expressions of Interest were scored by February 17, 2022, were eligible for this draw.
Last year, the Government of Ontario invited 61 business candidates to apply for the provincial nomination in 2021.
Main Features of OINP
Ontario conducted its first draw of the year on March 4, 2022.
Applicants who had submitted their Expression of Interest before February 21, 2022, were eligible for the draw.
OINP (Ontario Immigration Nominee Program) focused on the Entrepreneur stream for the draw.
Criteria for the Entrepreneur Stream Draw
According to the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program, These are financial requirements immigrant entrepreneurs need to fulfill to be eligible for the OINP draw.
- The business plans in digital communications or ICT (Information and Communication Technology) should have a net worth of at least $400,000 if it is being established in Ontario.
- The net worth should be a minimum of $800,000 if the proposed business plan is in the GTA or Greater Toronto Area.
- The net worth should be at least $400,000 outside the GTA.
Non-Financial Criteria for the Ontario Entrepreneurship stream
The non-financial requirement to be eligible for the OINP Entrepreneur draw is given below for you.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a full-time business in the past five years as an owner or a senior manager.
- Before 12 months of submitting the application, the applicant must make an exploratory visit.
- Generate two full-time jobs for citizens or permanent residents of Canada in the company, if it operates within the GTA Businesses operating outside the GTA, be it the digital communications or the ICT sector, should generate one full-time job.
Want to migrate to Canada? Get a complete expert assessment from, Join our newsletter and get up-to-date immigration news Click here.
Gunness & Associates has been helping candidates for over 26 years worldwide.
Contact our immigration specialist at 416 604 2669
E-mail us at email@example.com